THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BORROWING EQUIPMENT FROM THE
MK MEDIA STORES
Each time you make a booking you will be asked to agree to the terms and
conditions of use. These are listed below. Please read them carefully and ensure
you understand what is required of you.
PORTABLE EQUIPMENT BORROWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- It is your responsibility to check the condition of all portable equipment at the time
- Once equipment leaves the MK Media Stores, you become liable if any part of
the equipment is lost or damaged.
- Faults that are discovered or damage incurred while you are in possession of the
equipment must be reported to the MK Stores as soon as possible.
- If equipment becomes unusable it should be returned and a member of Stores
staff advised of the fault/ damage.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the provision of charged batteries and you
are responsible for ensuring batteries are charged, and lamps are functional prior
- You must not use the equipment/ facilities in a way that breaches any
Wolverhampton University guidelines, policies, regulations or that brings
Wolverhampton University into disrepute.
- Users are not permitted to use this equipment for profit or private use.
- Equipment must be collected within 30 minutes of the collection time and
returned before the return time specified on your booking – you will need to
check the details on your booking system account for these times and dates.
Failure to comply with these conditions will result in a penalty which will be
issued automatically by the booking system if you do not collect or return the
equipment on time.
- All Students are required to present their Student ID for collection of equipment.
This is essential for each and every booking. Equipment cannot be issued to
Students without a Student ID.
- A list of the penalties can be found in the MK Media Stores handbook, which you
can download from SiSo or find in the Media Store.
- If equipment is returned in a poorly packed state, wet or dirty, a penalty will be
incurred. Damage to equipment will be penalised on a case-by- case basis.
- If you do not show up for the collection of your booking future account restrictions
- You will not be able to borrow equipment until you have paid any penalties on
- You are not permitted to hire equipment on behalf of, loan or sub hire equipment
to another user.
BY TICKING THE BOX YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU ARE FULLY
RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS TO THE EQUIPMENT
LISTED ON YOUR BOOKING, AND ANY PENALTIES ASSOCIATED.
When you make a booking you will be required to check a box stating that you
have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to adhere to
smarthub terms and conditions of use
As a user of this system registered or otherwise you agree that if for any reason you are unable to use smarthub for the intended purpose then you will contact your store via telephone, email or in person to resolve the problem. SiSo Software Limited are not responsible or liable in any way for any errors, damages or any other loss caused by your usage of this system. For the avoidance of doubt this includes any loss howsoever suffered including negligence or fraud except where such negligence causes death or personal injury.